An Account That Grows With Them
Why use a piggy bank when you can have a real account? Student Checking is designed for teens and young adults. It comes with many great features to make banking easy and accessible on the go, including:
- Visa® Debit Card
- Free Mobile App and Internet Banking access 24/7
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Free unlimited use of Saratoga National Bank ATMs
- ATM reimbursements for out-of-area students (up to $10/month)
- Free Debit Card Alerts
- Free Online Statements (required to avoid service fee)
- Free starter checks
Easy ATM Access
All Student Checking accounts come with free, unlimited access to our ATMs.
Going away to school? We'll make it easy for students to access their cash without a branch nearby: As an out-of-area student, we won't charge a fee to use another bank's ATM and we'll reimburse you up to $10 per monthly statement cycle toward other banks' ATM fees! Just ask your Branch Manager if you're eligible for this great feature.
Get Started Today
Student Checking is open to teens and young adults ages 13 to 23. Minors must have an adult accompany them on the account. Must be 18 or older to apply online.
Open this account online or visit one of our convenient locations.
Quick Guide to Applying Online
It takes just a few minutes to apply online. Use Google Chrome for best experience.
1) Have these items ready
- Driver's license/state ID/passport (you'll need to take and upload a picture)
- Taxpayer Identification Number/Social Security Number
- Contact information for yourself and an account co-owner, if you are adding one
2) Fill out the application
- Go step-by-step to complete the quick application
- Create a password at the end of the application
3) Fund your new account
- After you submit, we’ll follow up with how to make your opening deposit
Visit our Checking and Savings Account FAQs for answers to more of your questions.
Need to Log Back In?
Access the Application Portal anytime to finish a saved application or fund your account.
Tips for Parents
It's never too early to introduce a child to the concepts of earning, spending, saving and investing. Our "Teach Them as They Grow" booklet offers parents tips for helping children learn to manage their money for different age groups.